Park View Addition in KeyStone Neighborhood
Beautiful Tudors Tucked Away
An architecturally distinctive part of the larger KeyStone Neighborhood, Park View was the concept of Bert C. Frahm, a developer from Davenport. Secluded and surrounded in part by deep ravines, Park View developed much later than the surrounding areas and is as distinctive for its diminutive Tudor Revival and contemporary 1920s and 1930s architecture as for the preponderance of brick exteriors.
The original settlers of Park View engaged in a wide range of professions, from laborer to professor. They worked for Augustana College, Deere & Mansur Plowworks, the railroads, International Harvester and insurance agencies.
Many were of Swedish descent. The homes these people built were modest in scale, but lavish in materials and details. Collectively, the Tudor Revival homes in Park View have received special recognition as an entry into Rock Island's 100 Most Significant Unprotected Structures. This neighborhood even includes Rock Island's first Ranch style house, built in 1938.
Park View is bounded by 44th Street on the west, the Moline border on the east, 14th Avenue on the south and deep ravines at the end of 45th Street and 12th Avenue on the north.
Plans & Publications
KeyStone Neighborhood Association
Neighborhood Programs & Activities