Excavation Permit

Requirements for Excavations on City Right-of-Ways

Contractors will need to have an Excavator’s Bond on file with the Engineering Division. 

The contractor must follow the City of Rock Island Construction Standards.

An excavation permit application will need to be submitted listing the location, purpose of the excavation, contractor performing the work, and the property owner.  Once this form is completed, click on submit, and it will be emailed to the Engineering Division.

A representative of the Engineering Division will contact you to let you know if your bond is current and will give you a permit number.

A permit fee of $80 per location will be required after a permit number is issued.  Directional boring fees are $80 per 300 feet or fraction thereof.

You must have your permit number prior to paying the permit fee.