Excavation Bond

How to Obtain an Excavation Bond

Contractors/plumbers should follow these steps in order to provide the City with a proper Excavation Bond:
  • Obtain an Excavation Bond from the Engineering Division of the Public Works Department.
  • The bond will then be turned over to the contractor's insurance carrier.
  • The insurance carrier will complete the bond, amend the contractor's coverage, and submit the bond to the Engineering Division.
The Excavation Bond shall be continuous and remain in full force and effect until canceled. A thirty day written notice by the bonding company is required to cancel.

After the Engineering Division has the contractor's Excavator's Bond on file, the contractor may obtain an Excavation Permit to allow excavations on City right-of-ways.