Special Pickups for Residents
Each residential customer in the City of Rock Island receives one free Special Pickup per calendar year on an appointment basis. Additional Special Pickups may be scheduled for a service charge of $25 per special pickup. Pickups may be scheduled by calling the Public Works Department.
- All items must be placed at your normal collection site by 7:00 am on the morning of the Special Pickup. Items may not be placed at this location more than 48 hours prior to the collection pickup date.
- City crews cannot go on private property.
- Small items such as clothes, books, dishes, and toys must be bagged, boxed, or placed into a container and weigh no more than 50 pounds. Loose items will not be picked up.
- Large items such as building lumber and carpet must be tied in bundles no longer than 4.5 feet in length and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- Tree limbs and branches must be cut into lengths no longer than 4.5 feet and weigh no more than 50 pounds. Limbs and branches less than 2 inches in diameter must be tied into bundles with twine or rope and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- The City will not pickup items that do not comply with the rules and regulations or items that may damage equipment.
- Contact the Public Works Department 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel your Special Pickup