Leaf Collection Program
Leaf Collection Program Available to Residents
The City of Rock Island provides leaf collection for its residential refuse customers during the Spring and Fall.
Residents do not have to be participants in the Yard Waste Collection Program to use this leaf collection service and they do not have to place a yard waste sticker on the bags of leaves.
Leaf Bags Available
The City offers leaf bags for the Leaf Collection Program. Leaf bag collection will be Monday, April 13, 2020 through Friday, May 1,2020.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and limited staffing, leaf bags will only be available at the Public Works Department, 1309 Mill Street, Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM, beginning on Monday, April 6.
Requirements & Restrictions
- Residents may receive a maximum of 20 leaf bags per day.
- Residents must provide proof of Rock Island residency through a photo ID or official mail.
- Leaf bags provided by the City may only be used during the Leaf Collection Program.
Residents should abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Leaves must be placed in approved paper yard waste bags.
- Customers may provide their own approved paper yard waste bags or use bags provided by the City.
- Leaf bags must be placed at the normal refuse collection location on the regular refuse collection day. A separate truck will collect leaf bags.
- Leaf bags may not contain anything other than leaves.
If you are a Yard Waste Collection Program participant, your bags and/or yard waste cart can be picked up on the regular refuse collection day and on the regular yard waste collection day. Yard waste stickers are not required during the Leaf Collection Program period.
The City of Rock Island does not allow the burning of leaves and other yard waste. Only recreational fires are allowed.