50 / 50 Tree Program
Get a Tree Planted at Half-Price
The 50 / 50 Tree Program allows property owners to pay just 50% of the cost to have a new tree planted on the public right of way. This program is offered each year and will continue as long as sufficient funds are available. Unfortunately the 50/50 Tree Program is currently out of funds.
Types of Trees Available
Trees will be planted in the fall or spring depending upon the species requested. The 50 / 50 Tree Program currently has 12 species from which to choose:
The following steps need to be taken to apply for the program:
- Property owners must fill out an application.
- Public Works Department staff will determine if the boulevard areas will accommodate the trees requested for participation in the program.
- Job parameters and cost will be determined.
- A bill will be sent to the property owner to cover 50% of the cost.
- When the City has received payment from the property owner, the work will be scheduled with a private contractor hired by the City.