Street Closing / Block Party


Required for any individual, group or organization that desires to have a portion of any public street or alley closed temporarily for the purpose of a block party or for any other gathering of persons. Street Closing requests require City Council authorization and must be received by the City Clerk at least two weeks prior to event. If the event is open to the public, a certificate of insurance naming the City of Rock Island as an additional insured is required.

Application Fee Required
No fee is required.

Permit Application Process

Please submit completed application and application fee to the City Clerk’s office.