Application for Electrical Contractor Registration
Registrations are valid from April 1 – March 31.
Renewal letters and applications are sent mid-March, annually.
The following is required for Electrical Contractor Registration:The following is required if the applicant submits a license from another Illinois jurisdiction:
- A completed Annual Electrical Contractor Registration form.
No fee required
- A Current Electrical License from another jurisdiction in the State of Illinois for the person named as License Holder on the Electrical Contractor Registration application. Out-of-state licenses will not be accepted.
- A completed Annual Electrical Contractor Registration form
- $27.50 fee (annual)
- Master Electrician Test score of 75% or higher
- Resume of Electrical Work experience
(at least 5 years experience as a Journeyman, Wireman is required)
The Electrical Board will need to approve this application, so license and registration will not be issued until the Board has rendered their decision.
Persons doing permitted work are expected to know when inspections are required. Necessary inspections may vary greatly based on the scope or work being done. Please keep communications open with the appropriate Inspector.
For a list of required inspections please view the Inspection Division handout: