City Council Goal #1
**Please turn your Mobile Device sideways for better viewing experience.
GOAL #1: FINANCIALLY SOUND CITY PROVIDING HIGH QUALITY SERVICE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
• Take financially responsible actions creating a long-term sustainable City government. Follow sound fiscal policies and maintain fund reserves consistent with defined City policies and national standards.
• Provide sufficient resources to support defined City services and service levels. Provide best value for tax dollars and fees.
• Continue to evaluate alternative funding mechanisms for infrastructure maintenance.
• Increase trust and confidence in City government through resident engagement. Provide customer-friendly services and fees.
|ACTION STEP 1: : Outsourcing related strategies for city services/programming through service agreements - 7 votes
• Rental Inspection Program -> Area Home Inspection Companies
• City Arts Commission -> QC Arts (or similar)
• City Parks & Rec Department music events -> RME (or similar)
• GIS (CED or PW) -> Bi-State Regional Commission
• CIRLF -> Area CDFI
• CED Residential Rehabilitation Programs -> RI Economic Growth Corp (or similar)
• Continue consideration of Illinois American Water
|Responsible Department: CED, Public Works, Parks|
• The results of a neighboring community’s look at possible outsourcing of inspections services did not identify savings/efficiencies. Other options still being investigated.
• Arts funding for 2021 was not designated for a specific program allowing for more flexibility.
• Bi-State is unable to assist with GIS services but they are coordinating ongoing discussions with local Illinois municipalities to explore the possibilities of a regional GIS. The regional GIS will likely offer no monetary savings but may offer enhanced services.
• American Water awaiting the results of the rate study.
• Department Directors are tasked with exploring these and other outsourcing issues. Council will receive reports with recommendations by June 2021.
|ACTION STEP 2: Adopt Injury & Illness Prevention Program (see CSU Dominquez Hills) for City Employees (Illinois State OSHA Consultation) - 5 Votes|
|Responsible Department: Human Resources|
Study Session scheduled for June 2021
|ACTION STEP 3: Create social worker liaison (Family Resources), embedded into Police Department, to address needs not appropriate for police department (i.e., homelessness, victims that do not want to talk to the police, etc.) - 5 Votes|
|Responsible Department: Police Department|
• The Chief has signed an annual memorandum of understanding with Family Resources re-establishing our mutual commitment to collaborate and provide services in the best interest of victims of violent crimes, sexual assault, domestic violence, etc.
• Staff is in contact with the Davenport Police Department regarding their process of embedding a social worker from Family Resources in their PD.
• Study session in October 2021unless grant opportunities present themselves earlier. HB3653 has provisions that deal with deflection programs and co-responder approaches that incorporate behavioral health and peer or social workers taking effect January 1st of 2023.
|ACTION STEP 4: Solar Power Policy and Program – Renewable energy for infrastructure and community - 5 Votes|
|Responsible Department: City Manager, Public Works|
Solar company has identified 14 possible City facilities. Site visits are expected to happen in March after the snow melt for a more detailed analysis of the sites with final recommendations expected in April.