Decisions by the Preservation Commission regarding Certificates of Appropriateness are binding, but there are appeal options in place.
What if my COA is denied?
There are five options. It is strongly suggested that anyone wishing to appeal a COA contact city staff for procedures.
- Applicants may choose not to proceed with the project.
- Applicants may submit revised applications within 60 days of denial.
- Applicants may appeal to Rock Island City Council within 30 days of the denial.
- Applicants may apply for a Certificate of Economic Hardship.
- Applicants may request a public hearing by the Preservation Commission within 15 days of denial.