Gaming Grant Eligibility
APPLICATION Process and REVIEW CRITERIA
Applicants are required to fill out the application in its entirety and provide all required supporting documentation. The applications are reviewed by city staff for completeness and project appropriateness, applications that meet the requirements are forwarded to the Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) for review and funding determination. Funding recommendations are made by the CAC and presented to the City Council.
All applicants will be notified of award after Council approves the CY 2021 budget, which is expected to be passed in December 2020.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, government agency, school district and/or institution of higher education.
- Must provide services or benefits to City of Rock Island citizens. Organizations can be located in another community; however, it must provide services to the residents of Rock Island.
- The requested grant amount may not exceed $8,000.00
- Eligible activities for the Gaming Grant:
- Employment services (e.g. job training)
- Crime prevention and public safety
- Services for children
- Health services
- Substance abuse services (e.g. counseling and treatment)
- Fair housing counseling
- Education Programs
- Energy Conservation
- Services for senior citizens
- Services for homeless persons
- Welfare services
- Recreational services
If the project does not meet all four basic requirements, the application will not be considered for Gaming Grant funding and will not be forwarded to the CAC for consideration. City staff will notify all applicants of eligibility status.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE APPLICATION, CONTACT:
Colleen Small-Vollman by phone (309) 732-2904
or email email@example.com