Through negotiated agreements, the City offers assistance for new construction projects and renovation of existing buildings within Rock Island's five Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts. The locations and dates of validity of these districts can be found in the list below. For more detailed information on the workings of this financing method, please visit our Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Explained page.
- Columbia Park TIF (August 14, 2007 – August 14, 2030)
- Parkway/I-280 Casino TIF (November 22, 2004 – November 22, 2027)
- The Locks TIF (March 17, 2014 – March 17, 2037)
- North 11th Street TIF (July 24, 2000 – July 24, 2023)
- Watchtower TIF (March 17, 2014 – March 17, 2037)
In Illinois, cities may assist developers with the following:
- Assessment and cleanup of contaminated soil
- Building rehabilitation
- Construction of engineered barriers such as parking lots on contaminated sites
- Demolition and site preparation
- Land assembly costs
Note: The cost of materials and labor for new construction is not an eligible TIF expense.
Parties interested in TIF Assistance may learn more about the guidelines and fill out an application here.